A Princess Party

This past Thursday, we put on a Princess Party for all of the little girls coming to the New Punlok Thmey Girls Center. Since I first started working with the girls three months ago, I kept getting this vision of them in a nice house where they were all cleaned and showered with new clothes and combed hair. It was so difficult to see what horrible living conditions many of them lived in and how dirty they were; old and worn out clothes with messy and sometimes lice filled hair. I just want so much for these girl's lives because they had grown such a special place in my heart. It was so awesome because God was able to make this dream of mine come true for these girls that day. It was so great to decorate the Girls Center the day before the party and make it look fun and beautiful for the girls. It was awesome to see them walk in the front door and watch their faces fill with delight. 















The first thing they did when they walked in the room was go to the balloons and throw them in the air smiling and laughing. 















One of the best parts of the day was telling them at the beginning what we had planned for them. They would scream with excitement after we listed off everything we had planned. You could tell the vast majority of them had never had a party of any kind that simply celebrated them. I was so happy they finally got to experience that. The girls started to get in the shower while others got their nails painted, hair done or colored a princess picture. I got to help out in the room where the girls got to pick out their new dresses. They were so excited to be able to pick out their very own new dress! Even some of the girls that wear boy-ish clothing wore dresses and looked so pretty. All the girls looked beautiful. I was tearing up just watching them  my heart so filled with joy. There were many activities we got to do the rest of the morning. We got to take pictures of all the girls. 
















We got to have an awesome dance party too, which they all loved!
















They got to make beautiful princess crowns. 






























And we ended the party eating an awesome pink cake which read: "Princess Party: You are beautiful: Jesus loves you." 
















I got to talk to the girls and told them how God's love makes us beautiful both inside and out. I told them how special each one of them was and how much I loved them and would miss them. It was an absolutely wonderful party, one I will never forget. I pray these girls never forget that they are so special and created by a God who loves them so much and calls each one of them beautiful. After the party I had to say good bye to the girls and cried a lot. It hurt so much not knowing if I'd ever see them again. They made such a huge impact of my life. I will never forget them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Story of Miscarriage

Our Journey so Far...